Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Email from 5 years ago

From: Richard Wood
Subject: The big day cometh
To: mariefinigan@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 12:34 PM

Hi Claire,

The wedding rapidly approaching and I am looking forward to seeing you. I was reviewing the logistical plans that Michelle has drawn up and I wanted to make sure that you knew that Ricky wants to have his picture taken with you and my brother Chris before the wedding at the church at 4:45 (1/2 hour before thew actual wedding starts). If that doesn't work let me know and we can make other plans.

Ricky had his bachelor party last Saturday. It was at a cigar bar. I still can get a wiff of cigars when I get in my car. It was great to see him very excited about the wedding with Than and many of his friends.

There is a bitter sweet element for me to all this. I wish my Mom were here to see this, as I bet you wish Bert were here as well. I also wish I was experiencing this holding my wife's hand. That's the bitter part. The sweet part is I know I was raised by a woman who loved me, married to a woman I loved deeply and am very lucky to have 2 great boys and a family of love to surround me.

I am so looking to give you a big hug Saturday,
Love
Rick

No comments: