Thursday, June 20, 2013

Nathaniel's Facebook Entry upon the death of Tybee

Yesterday Jenna, Dubin and Myself lost the heart of our little pack to a terrible and sudden disease. Our little Tybee who we loved so much. Only 2 years old, but she lived every goddamn moment with joy and excitement and a sense of purpose that I've never seen in another creature. I don't know how I am going to deal without having her around, howling with me, leading me down paths but always checking that I was still with her. If you knew her, please just think about her today. Even at her worst she would try to play and greet us. Maybe we can all take a lesson from that.

Things fall apart, everything tends to decay
And so it takes a lot to combine atoms in such a way
That they resist the lure of that darkness
that lurks around the edges of every day
So I’m inviting you to join me in this fight
to go down to the river, and come up all three times
Hank Williams was right: no one gets out alive
All we can do is try to have a really good time
Resist the tide, stand in the water
That’s baptism, that’s making light
Electricity is proof that there can be
A little bit of light in all this darkness
So please don’t go so gently into that good night
Rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
You know you got a voice, to talk with you can call your own!
So clear your throat, and start singing this song:
Resist the tide, stand in the water
That’s baptism, that’s making light
Electricity is proof that there can be light
It takes a lot of work, but oh baby, it’s worth it
-Cynthia Hopkins

No comments: